Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Chicken!!!

Last Friday Rhonda decided to kill her 2 roosters that wake her up at 3am (I thought roosters were supposed to wait until the sunrise!) and make a meal for her neighbors. Living overseas, I decided that knowing how to kill and clean a chicken is probably a good skill to know, so I offered to come and help. Susana killed the first one to show us how it was done then handed the knife to me. (Rhonda conveniently disappeared during this time and stood as far away as possible to still take pictures.)


Here’s the step by step process!





Always a bit of a challenge to catch them, even in a small cage!



Susana, the master, teaching us how it's done


This one's next!


My turn. I'm going to be brave!

Maybe not!


Ok, if the 11-year-old can do it, so can I!


Don't mind the blood on your hands!

Mission accomplished!

The chicken was some of the best we’ve had down here, by the way!

2 comments:

Marcia Cramer said...

Way to go, Sarah! The other day Lauren said they had chicken on the pot instead of chicken in the pot. We got a great laugh out of that one!

Mom

Emily Edison said...

Brings back memories! (Of the process at least :)) Despite our chicken adventures, I have yet to cut a head off. I'm not sure that I feel the need...hats off to you!!!